Update: May 15th 2019
Today, the Oklahoma State Department of Health confirmed Oklahoma’s first measles case of 2019. A middle-aged man who traveled abroad was the first case. Vaccine status is likely vaccinated though that has not been confirmed.
May 10, 2019
For Immediate Release
In another significant legal win for vaccine risk awareness non-profit Informed Consent Action Network (ICAN), a new Freedom of Information Act disclosure from the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has revealed that the MMR vaccine was licensed based on clinical trials which in total had less than 1,000 participants and far more adverse reactions than previously acknowledged.
“It’s alarming that an appeal was required to get this information, but it’s more alarming that every time ICAN prevails in obtaining an FOIA disclosure from the FDA, CDC or HHS, we learn about another serious shortcoming in their duties to assure Americans’ health and health care,” says Del Bigtree, ICAN founder.
The MMR vaccine is at the heart of the vaccine debate. The following are some of the key facts learned from the clinical trial reports produced by the FDA, which the agency relied upon to license the MMR:
- There were eight clinical trials that in total had less than 1,000 individuals, out of which only 342 children received the MMR vaccine
- The safety review period only tracked “adverse events” for 42 days after injection
- More than half or a significant percent of all participants in each of the eight trials developed gastrointestinal symptoms and upper respiratory infections
- All adverse events were generically described as ‘other viruses’ and not considered in safety profile of licensure
- The control group received other vaccines for either rubella or measles and rubella, and none of the controls received a placebo (an inert substance such as a saline injection)
“Thanks to the laws in this country that for now at least permit access to various government records, we now know the MMR vaccine was licensed using an irresponsibly small and limited group of children,” says Bigtree.
“But what’s even more alarming is learning about the serious adverse events that were known and acknowledged, yet ignored in order to license the MMR vaccine,” Bigtree adds, noting “This was after only tracking adverse events for 42 days after injection – imagine what they might have found had they tracked safety for three years against an appropriate control, like they do for drugs.”
SOURCE Informed Consent Action Network
Serious Concerns Raised Regarding MMR Vaccine Safety and Efficacy
In 1986, the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act shifted legal liability for vaccine injuries to the U.S. Government which has since paid over $4 billion for severe injuries or death. With this new-found lack of accountability to both pharmaceuticals and doctors, we saw the vaccine schedule increase dramatically. Congress charged Health and Human Services (HHS) with the primary responsibility of ensuring vaccine safety on this tripled schedule. HHS was required to create a task force and submit bi-annual reports to Congress detailing actions taken to ensure vaccine safety. This stipulated order shows that HHS has not acted in its duties.
Additionally, there is NO single measles vaccine available in the U.S. Only the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccine is available. Many parents prefer to space out vaccines and this is not an option for Americans. Many nations, including Japan, have banned the MMR. Dr. Nakatani, Director of the Infectious Disease Division at Japan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare said that giving individual vaccines cost twice as much as MMR ‘but we believe it is worth it’. What does Japan know that we do not?
The MMR vaccine currently in use was licensed based on clinical trials in which children experienced far more adverse reactions than previously acknowledged.
- Merck is currently in federal court for MMR efficacy study fraud, accused by their own scientists. http://probeinternational.org/library/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/chatom-v-merck.pdf
- The vaccine is not protecting American children from mumps infection in childhood, it is merely delaying it. Researchers confirm a surge in the number of mumps outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations and higher rates of complications.
- From January 2016 to June 2017, health departments reported 150 outbreaks with 9,200 cases of mumps, yet we did not hear in the media about the huge volume of cases reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC).
- CDC Senior Research Scientist Dr. William Thompson turned whistleblower in 2014 regarding fraud committed in 2004 in an MMR safety study. Oregon legislators should demand Dr. William Thompson be subpoenaed to testify and provide his detailed confession of scientific fraud and cover-up at the CDC.
- Dr. Theresa Deisher, in a letter to legislators, shared findings that DNA contaminants grown in aborted fetal cell tissue lines contain fragmented fetal DNA in the MMR vaccine can cause autoimmune disorders. The rubella portion of the MMR vaccine contains human-derived fetal DNA contaminants of about 175 ngs, more than 10x over the recommended WHO threshold of 10 ng per vaccine dose. No other drug on the market would receive FDA approval without thorough toxicity profiling (FDA follows international ICH guidelines)—this was never conducted by the pharmaceutical industry for the DNA contamination in the MMR vaccine.
- The MMR vaccine causes seizures in 1 in 640 children and 5% of those cases will lead to epilepsy, a permanent brain disorder that leads to recurring seizures.
- As of November 30, 2018, there have been more than 92,844 reports of measles vaccine reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following measles vaccinations (MMR) made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System(VAERS), including 457 related deaths, 6,902 hospitalizations, and 1,736 related disabilities. Over 50% of those adverse events occurred in children three years old and under.
- According to the National Vaccine Information Center(NVIC), as of January 2, 2019, there have been 1,258 claims filed to date in the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) for 82 deaths and 1,176 injuries that occurred after measles vaccination. Of that number, the U.S. Court of Claims administering the VICP has compensated 483 children and adults, who have filed claims for measles vaccine injury. One example of an OKLAHOMA MMR vaccine injury claim awarded compensation in the VICP is the case of O.R. On February 13, 2013, O.R. received the MMR, Haemophilus Influenzae type B, Pneumococcal (Prevnar 13), Hepatitis A, and Varicella vaccines. That evening, following vaccination, she became feverish and irritable prompting her mother to contact the doctor. The doctor advised O.R.’s mom to administer Benadryl and Tylenol for her symptoms. The fever persisted for several days and was followed by a severe seizure resulting in cardiac and respiratory arrest. The cardiac arrest and seizures caused O.R. to develop encephalopathy, kidney failure, severe brain injury, low muscle tone, and cortical vision impairment. After several months of inpatient hospitalization, O.R. was discharged home with 24-hour supervised medical care. On November 20, 2017, the court conceded that the MMR vaccine caused her encephalopathy and O.R. was awarded a $101 million dollar settlement to cover medical expenses for the rest of her life.
- Measles was declared eliminated by the CDC in 2000. This simply means fewer cases were tracked and should NOT be confused with eradication. Below you will find the number of cases as reported by the CDC over the last 30 years. Please notice the cyclical nature. We also have no idea what strain of measles these cases are as there are variations of strains. All vaccine strains are grouped in genotype A, possibly because genotype A was the most widely distributed genotype at the time of isolation of the vaccines’ wild-type progenitors. Many cases of measles originate from the MMR vaccine itself because it is a live virus vaccine.
1980 13,506 2000 85
1981 3,124 2001 116
1982 1,714 2002 41
1983 1,497 2003 56
1984 2,587 2004 37
1985 2,822 2005 66
1986 6,282 2006 55
1987 3,655 2007 43
1988 3,396 2008 140
1989 18,193 2009 71
1990 27,786 2010 63
1991 9,643 2011 220
1992 2,231 2012 55
1993 312 2013 187
1994 958 2014 667
1995 309 2015 188
1996 489 2016 86
1997 138 2017 120
1998 100 2018 372
1999 100 2019 707