Please register for Capitol Day, registration is required! Use the button at the top or bottom of this page.
Come out on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, come and go, 10:30 AM – 4 PM.
Second Floor Rotunda, Oklahoma State Capitol.
Many states are losing rights, but Oklahoma is one of the strongest parental rights states in the country and we want to keep it that way. Join us as we advocate for:
- informed consent
- medical privacy
- parental rights
- health choice
Citizens from all over the state come together to kick off the legislative session and introduce bills that protect your rights!!
Schedule (10:30-4 come and go)
- 10:30 Registration & Meet and Greet (2nd-floor rotunda)
- 11:30 Program – Introduction of bills to support and oppose, Recognition of Freedom Fighters, and live performance by OKHPR bear cubs.
- 12:15 Group photo- wear black!
- 12:30 Sack lunch with district teams
- 1:30 Recognizing parents in the Senate and House (5th-floor galleries)
- 2:00 Visit legislators with Senate District teams
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What if I cannot be there the entire time? Is there a time that I will be needed more?
Yes, coming by 12:15 in the 2nd-floor rotunda is the most important time to show our presence (group photo) and meet with our legislators. Legislator office visits will be in the afternoon and meeting YOUR representatives is key to having successful advocacy
What do we do during the meet and greet?
You will check-in, get your t-shirts, and merch if you pre-ordered them and get your team assignments based on your senate district. Pre-order your shirts and merch here.
What do we wear?
- The dress is business casual, and we are encouraging visitors to wear black. Many will be dressing up our 2020 capitol day shirts, too! Your shirts will be ready for you at registration. You must order here in advance! Shirts will not be sold at the Capitol, we are not allowed to exchange money on Capitol grounds. You must pre-order by 1/26/2020.
- COMFORTABLE SHOES ARE A MUST!
- Dressing for success is key to being taken seriously by your legislators.
When talking to legislators, what do I say? Will I be alone?
When meeting with legislators, you will be led by a trained Senate District Captain. You will never be alone without a trained OKHPR leader. When talking with legislators be polite and share your story or experience with vaccines. Do not take up a large amount of your legislator’s time.
Can we bring kids?
Kids are definitely welcome, but bring plenty of snacks, a stroller, books, and devices!
What do I bring? Are signs allowed?
Signs are not allowed at the Capitol. Your shirt and kind and polite words are your sign. You may bring pictures or written letters if you would like to. Also, don’t forget your sack lunch!
Is there a place to eat?
Please pack sack lunches to enjoy lunch with your district team! There is a cafe, but your schedule will be very busy so you may not have time to get down there.
Where do I park?
There are two free parking lots available to visitors of the capital. The most convenient one is directly south of the Capitol (you will notice the oil well) and can be accessed by traveling north or south on Lincoln Blvd. The second parking lot can be accessed by traveling north on Lincoln and turning east onto 21st street, then left onto the parking lot.
(Please note: The second parking lot requires crossing Lincoln Blvd which is a high traffic street. Always use designated crosswalks where pedestrians have the right of way. Please consider parking in the second parking lot if not traveling with small children so that our families with children can have closer parking spots.)
Also, please allow extra time to park, walk and go through metal detectors. We suggest planning at 15-20 minutes for this. We also encourage you to carpool if you have friends or neighbors also attending.
A parking map is available here. Entrances are marked with blue markers and parking is marked with a red P.
Where do I get more information?
We look forward to seeing you on February 12, 2020!!!