For a PDF copy of the following press release, please click here.
Oklahomans for Health & Parental Rights seeks to educate Oklahoma citizens on parental rights, health choice, medical privacy, and informed consent. We promote advocacy for the protection and strengthening of these fundamental rights for all Oklahoma citizens. We are everyday Oklahomans united in this mission. Doctors, nurses, policy makers, teachers, counselors, servicemen and women, therapists, business leaders and more… all parents advocating to protect fundamental liberties. Our vision is for a healthier Oklahoma as we face the highest rates of chronic illness and neurological disorders that both our state and nation have ever seen.
We know Oklahomans overwhelmingly want more transparency and accountability for the pharmaceutical industry and government. Recent national polls show that they are the least trusted by the American public. We would like to advocate for the following concerns.
- Vaccines should be subject to a scientifically rigorous approval process. Vaccines have never been tested using the gold standard of science, a randomized, double-blind, inert placebo-controlled safety study. In current vaccine studies, the vaccine is tested against an old vaccine or aluminum.
- Oklahoma should invest in an automated vaccine adverse event system. Harvard Pilgrim Care used one to monitor vaccine adverse events for 30 days following a vaccine and found that less than 1% of adverse events are reported to the federal database, Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, also known as VAERS. Source: http://bit.ly/VAERSstudy
- There are conflicts of interests associated with profits for vaccines. We need to ensure that all parties involved with federal vaccine approvals, as well as state policy and recommendations, are free from conflicts of interest.
- We oppose any changes for Oklahoma to adopt current ACIP guidance which adds more vaccines to the schedule. All vaccines recommended by ACIP should be reevaluated prior to the adoption of evidence-based guidelines.
- Our members are reporting vaccine reactions and poor health outcomes in record numbers. This is consistent with a CDC study that showed 1 in 6 children have a developmental disability and an HHS funded study that found 54% of children have a chronic illness. We need to study what makes some individuals more susceptible to vaccine injury. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21570014 https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/developmentaldisabilities/about.html
- Vaccines are the only pharmaceutical product with no liability in a court of law. Because of this, we must support full informed consent. Parents are ultimately responsible for lifelong injury or death.
- We are calling for a study that compares the health of children who are fully vaccinated with all 72 doses of the CDC recommended childhood vaccine schedule to children who are less vaccinated. Why does the CDC refuse to conduct a study like this?
- We would like to host an open discussion between parental rights supporters, victims of vaccine court, and health professionals that support health choice with those who do not.